Saturday, November 26, 2011

October!

At the beginning of October, I helped serve food at Texas Roadhouse for a fundraiser for high school seniors to travel to Ecuador in order to help underprivileged kids there. I was accompanied by Miss Southeastern Idaho's Outstanding Teen, and Miss Blackfoot's Outstanding Teen!

On the 14th of October, I had the opportunity to walk the Michelle Kern memorial 5k with Miss Idaho Falls and Miss Southeastern Idaho! The race was held at EITC, and all of the proceeds were donated towards a scholarship fund at EITC.
The very next morning I judged the spelling bee at the What Today's Women Want Expo with Miss Idaho Falls at the Shilo Inn. It was so great to see how intelligent the elementary students are in Idaho Falls, and even more exciting to see the relief on each of the kids faces as they would move on to the next round.  On the 27th, I was invited to Edgemont Elementary School's Red Ribbon Week assembly and awarded the prize money to the spelling bee winners! 
On the 29th, I was able to help at the Cancer Center in Idaho Falls with Miss Idaho Falls and Miss Southeastern Idaho. The Cancer Center was offering free cancer screenings because October is breast cancer awareness! It really meant so much to me to be able to help since my grandmother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I am so thankful for the opportunities I have to help those in my community along with other girls who have the same ambitious heart that I do. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment