Thursday, June 16, 2011

The beginning of an incredible adventure!

On June 6, my dad drove me to Boise to compete for the title of Miss Idaho Outstanding Teen. I honestly had no idea what to expect, but I was incredibly excited for just the experience, and for everything I would learn. I stayed in Boise with a wonderful host family. Randy and Shauna Brown have both judged pageants, and Shauna was on the Miss Idaho board for 10 years! I was so excited to be staying with them, and they helped me so much over the course of the week with their encouragement and love. On Wednesday night, we had the first preliminary competition, and I ended up winning talent! I was so excited and felt so confident with my playing that night. On Friday, we had the final competition. I was so excited when my name was announced to be in the top 8. That night I was crowned Miss Idaho Outstanding Teen 2011. I couldn't believe it! I was so excited, and I knew that I would have a great journey ahead of me. Katy Lootens, MIOT 2010, is the nicest girl I have ever met in my entire life! She immediately offered to help me with anything I would need throughout the year and I am so glad she is there for me to be a role model, and great friend. I saw her blog from her year as MIOT, and decided to follow in her footsteps and make one as well! In August, I will be going to Orlando, Florida to compete at Miss America's Outstanding Teen! I just can't believe everything! I am so excited! When I was staying with the Brown's, Shauna kept telling me about the wonderful Miss Tri-Counties, Genevieve Nutting, and how she was entirely, "her girl." I had heard so many great things about her throughout the week, and was so excited when she was crowned MISS IDAHO! I am so excited for the year to come, and am looking forward to working with Miss Idaho, and for all of the many opportunities I will have.



Truly Yours,

Melanie Ross
MIOT 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment