Thursday, January 19, 2012

December!

December is always one of my favorite months of the whole year. The holiday season is always filled with a sweet spirit, and always inspires me to be better than I am. I started off the month performing at the Museum of Idaho while the different nativity scenes from different countries were displayed. I encouraged some of my piano students to learn a Christmas piece so that they could come and perform with me. My piano student, Valerie, always amazes me with her talent and dedication to music, and we were able to play "Oh Holy Night" as a duet.

As I have participated in the choir programs in my school since 7th grade, I have developed a special connection with all of the students at IFHS I have been singing with for now 6 years! Every December, the Acapella choir sings carols at the grocery store while ringing bells for the Salvation Army. It was sure a cold night, but we were all so happy to be there serving, and knowing we were helping others in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment