Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Miss America's Outstanding Teen in Orlando, Florida! Day 6 and 7!


On Thursday, we got to sleep in!! Oh my heavens, it was so nice because the nights before were SO late. I competed in evening gown/on stage question that night, and before I went on stage I just kept reminding myself to calm down and relax. I felt so good about my answer! On Friday, we had the chance to just RELAX. We all got to go to the pool and enjoy some sun! Surprisingly, we didn't get much of it all week because we were inside all of the time!We also had time to give the princesses makeovers and make them dresses out of plastic table cloths. They all ended up looking absolutely ADORABLE!

That night at dinner, we had an evening of stars, so Miss California, and Joey Page came to perform for us. Lacey spoke to us and talked about her year, and I realized that I am SO lucky, and SO blessed to have been there competing for the title of Miss America's Outstanding Teen. I remember when I first heard about the Outstanding Teen program and I became so inspired by Caitlin Brunell when she was MAOT. I guess at that moment, it really hit me that I was in ORLANDO, competing for the title of MISS AMERICA'S OUTSTANDING TEEN. I have been so blessed and I have been so inspired to be the very best titleholder I possibly can be. Lacey also spoke about our crowns simply being a magnifying glass of who we really are, rather than the crown MAKING us outstanding. I have thought about that, and have discovered how much truth is in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment